In this article, you will learn: Why Community Involvement will help your business, What are the volunteer opportunities and how to get started.
Why Community Involvement can help your Real Estate business?
A big part of your Real Estate career is helping those in your local community buy and sell their homes. Community Involvement (whether it is volunteering for non-profit or civic clubs) helps in 3 ways:
- allows you to give back to the community,
- build new relationships.
- allow you to grow as a person with new skills
All three can help you grow your Real Estate business.
What are the Types of Opportunities
KnowAll puts the knowledge base content front and center. On the homepage, the categories are displayed. Category icons give strong visual presence to your knowledge base while presenting a clean, intuitive design.
Live search makes content discoverable in seconds, meaning users can get answers quicker than ever. Tag and category search is also supported.
If maybe you are short on time, you may want to consider ‘community giving’ where you allocate a certain amount of your commission to a cause. Be sure to mention in your marketing material (Client Proposals, bio and website). While a wonderful gesture, it is not as good for your Real Estate business. And keep in mind, any donation to a good cause is appreciated.
How to get involved?
Recommended steps to getting involved
- Identify what you enjoy doing and your interests:
- Volunteer as to be a coach (soccer, baseball, football – pick one that you enjoy!)
- School always need volunteers and if you have a family, may give you an opportunity to be more involved with your children’s activities.
- Churches are always in need to serve the local community
- Other – Pet rescues, theatre groups and nature conservatories would welcome volunteers
- Narrow your list and pick up to 3 to interview – attend a few meetings, speak to the organizers. Get a feel for what you will/can do based on your schedule and time.
- Make the commitment (and the time) – schedule it into your week or month. Whilst you are volunteering, remember the organization depends on you.
- Have fun – Ensure you have time to network and build your contacts. Over time, you have the opportunity to learn new skills.
If you are new to the volunteering or the area, it is easy to get started and there are good online resources:
- Volunteermatch.org – You can search by area and interests to quickly find an opportunity.
- http://www.createthegood.org/ – part of AARP, allows anyone over 55 an easy way to get involved whether you have 5 minutes or 5 hours.
- Red Cross.org – Did you know that volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross?
- https://www.jci.cc.org/ – looks out for kids in every corner of the globe with over 600,000 volunteers who serve their communities through local clubs.
- http://www.kiwanis.org/ – is a group of young active citizens all over the world. Living, communicating, taking action and creating impact in our communities.
- https://www.rotary.org Rotary is where neighbors, friends, and problem-solvers share ideas, join leaders, and take action to create lasting change.
What Does AgentBright Do For You?
AgentBright helps you coordinate your marketing activities across all of the websites where you have a current online presence. See how AgentBright can help with a risk-free 30 day trial today!